Saturday, November 12, 2011

My Story {shortened}

So not everyone knows how big and how unhappy I was, until now cause you are reading my blog. I was always the shortest and biggest girl in my group of friends, and I absolutely hated it. I wasn't fat in high school, even though I thought I was. I fluctuated between a size 7 and a size 9. A lot of my friends were sizes 0's, 3's and 5's.. My height is what messes me up, since I am 5'1.

With my first pregnancy, I gained 57lbs. I was able to lose about 30lbs, but gained it right back four months later when I was pregnant again. 2010 was supposed to be the year I lost all of the weight, but got pregnant with our 3rd child. Thank goodness I only gained like 5lbs, after losing 20-30lbs from morning sickness. After having our baby in January, I had some health issues and basically took a break.

It wasn't until June that I saw how heavy I actually was. I was tipping the scale at 230lbs. When I saw that number, I was completely sick to my stomach. I started eating better and exercising. I made an appt with my new dr for just a regular check up, told her what was going on with my life and body. She asked me if I had ever heard of Phentermine, I said vaguely, she told me about it and gave me an Rx for a month supply. After the appt, I came home and dud a lot of research, good & bad! I filled my Rx and that day, September 20, 2011 will be the day that I took my life back.

So here I am, almost 8 weeks in and 30lbs lighter! I am feeling great and I love when people compliment me on my weight loss. It is such a big self esteem booster! Here are my top reasons for losing weight!


- I want to be healthy! I want to look fabulous in my own skin and not be so self conscious about what I look like, or even worse, what other people are saying.

- I want to be able to chase after my kids for more than 20 minutes at a time. I want to always be there for my kids and watch them grow up into amazing adults. I want to see them get married and make me a gramma {20+ years from now}!

- Being able to walk into a non plus size store and find something within 2 minutes that fits perfectly! I hated wearing my maternity pants/shorts/shirts because nothing fit.

- I want to set a great example for my kids. I want them to be healthy and make good choices when it comes to food and sweets.

- I want to be Happy!


Just want to say hello to my new readers!
Don't be shy, go ahead and comment!!

Have a great weekend!!!

Xoxo,

Breanna

2 comments:

  1. Your story is an inspiration for me to stay focused. You are a great motivator!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doing a amazing job!! My LO is also a January 2011 baby and I am still hanging on to almost ALL the weight so thanks for helping me motivate!!

    -jess

    ReplyDelete